Information Collection and Use
Payment Afrika collects personally identifiable information when you register for an Payment Afrika account, and when you use certain Payment Afrika products and services and when you view the Payments Afrika website. Payments Afrika may also receive personally identifiable information from its resellers and other business partners.
- Information you give us – When you register with Payments Afrika, we ask for your contact information (such as your name, street address and e-mail address), as well as certain information pertaining to your business, along with billing information such as a bank account and/or credit card number.
- Transaction Information – In the course of processing a payment transaction, we typically receive from the merchant or financial institution information related to the transaction. This normally includes information about the payment that is furnished when placing the order. The personally identifiable information we acquire in processing payment transactions varies according to the nature of the transaction. It may include, for example, the amount of the transaction, the consumer’s name, email address, credit card number and expiration date, checking account number, billing address, and shipping address.
- Device Information – We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Payments Afrika may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Payments Afrika account.
- Log Information – When you use our services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your web clicks.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Payment Afrika account
How We Use the Information We Collect
Payment Afrika uses the information collected to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, to process payment transactions, to facilitate billing, and otherwise deliver the services. We may also send announcements, newsletters, and periodic notices about services offered by Payments Afrika’s business partners. Personally identifiable consumer information is used to process payment transactions and for no other purpose.
Payments Afrika does not offer services or sell products to children. Payment Afrika does not request or knowingly collect personally identifiable contact information from anyone under the age of 13.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting personally identifiable information about merchants and consumers is an important part of our business. We share and disclose such information only as described below.
Payments Afrika sends personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people:
- when we have your consent to share the information
- when we need to share your information with third parties, such as banks and credit card processors, to provide the product or service you have requested
- in connection with products and services offered by Payments Afrika business partners and/or companies who work on behalf of Payments Afrika to provide a product or service to you
- it is appropriate to comply with law
- it is necessary to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of our service Agreement and other applicable agreements
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Payments Afrika, our users, or others, which may include the exchange of information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction. In the event that Payment Afrika is acquired, this information may be one of the transferred assets.
- information security is critical to our business. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information. The information gathered on secure computers is stored in a locked down data center.
- We use firewalls and other security technology, as well as implement the highest industry standard security practices, to prevent our computers from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
- The number of employees involved in the management of the data center that have physical access to these computers is limited and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We require that any personally identifiable consumer information sent to us by you be encrypted using SSL encryption.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your login ID/password, other sensitive account data and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer and otherwise safeguard the password used to access the Payment Afrika services.
Account Information and Preferences
Payment Afrika gives you the ability to edit your account information and preferences at any time, including whether you want Payment Afrika to contact you.