ACI Worldwide Showcases eCommerce Payments Innovation at Seamless Payments Africa
ACI Worldwide, a leading global provider of real-time electronic payment and banking solutions, will demonstrate the capabilities of its next-generation UP eCommerce Payments solution at the Seamless Africa conference in Cape Town, South Africa, March 13-15. The platform solution empowers merchants and the payment service providers (PSPs) that serve them to embrace payments innovation and increase revenues by improving conversion rates.
ACI will also showcase its new Mobile Software Development Kit (mSDK), which is an integrated part of the UP eCommerce Payments solution. It enables retailers to offer multiple payment methods—including major card brands and alternative payment methods—within their native applications.
Executives from ACI Worldwide will take the stage to share insights into how blockchain technology is disrupting the payments industry and how merchants can leverage the burgeoning cross-border eCommerce opportunity. It is estimated that 600m African consumers will be shopping online by 2025, spending $75b annually, offering a tremendous growth opportunity.
• ‘The Ins and Outs of Blockchain in Financial Services’ Monday, March 13, 9:30am. Paul McMeekin, director, Growth Markets will host a pre-event workshop to discuss the impact of blockchain on financial services and retail.
• ‘Selecting the Right Payment Service Provider’ Tuesday, March 14, 12:30pm. Hassen Sheik, director operations, Ecentric Payments (an ACI customer) will discuss different approaches for selecting a PSP.
• ‘Improving the Speed of Cross-border Payments’ Tuesday, March 14, 2:00pm. Paul McMeekin, director, Growth Markets will highlight opportunities available for improving cross-border eCommerce through faster payments.
• ‘Enabling Real-time Cross-border Payment Networks That Boost Commerce’ Wednesday, March 15, 12:00pm. Manish Patel, general manager, Middle East, Africa and South Asia will explore how retailers can take advantage of the cross-border eCommerce opportunities in Africa.
• ‘Taking advantage of the explosive growth in mCommerce’ (demo) Booth #30. John Gessau, director product management, Mobile Solutions will present live demos of the new ACI Mobile SDK throughout the show.