Bank of America announced the opening of a new generation of banking centers that provides customers with another convenient banking option.
The first of these banking centers, known as “express,” opened in Manhattan on Aug. 26. Express banking centers offer a more flexible schedule than a full-service branch, while integrating more benefits of technology with onsite associates who can assist customers with their financial needs. Customers can use new, advanced technology to perform the most common transactions. Associates are also available to answer customers’ questions, open new accounts and guide them on convenient self-service banking options including Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
“We are working to make the customer experience with Bank of America reflect how people live their lives every day,” said Katy Knox, Retail Banking and Distribution executive at Bank of America. “With the addition of express centers, our retail business offers customers more flexibility and convenience. Today, our franchise combines our advanced ATM technology, Online and Mobile Banking, and banking centers with the personal assistance from our associates and specialists to enable customers to bank how and when they want.”
The express banking center is equipped with ATMs with Teller Assist®, which combine the technology and convenience of an ATM with the human touch of a teller. Using the new ATMs, customers can speak with a U.S.-based Bank of America teller at the push of a button and receive the same level of personal assistance they would if they walked up to a banking center counter. ATMs with Teller Assist, which offer support in English or Spanish, offer customers the ability to:
- Receive cash withdrawals in a variety of denominations ($1, $5, $20 and $100).
- Cash checks and receive exact change.
- Deposit checks with cash back.
- Make loan or credit card payments.
- Access with a U.S. government-issued photo ID if ATM/debit card is not available.
- Receive available balances for Bank of America accounts.
- Print mini or full statements for checking and savings accounts.
- The first express banking center location opened on Aug. 26 in Manhattan at 95 Wall Street. Onsite associates are available 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday. English- and Spanish-speaking tellers are available through the ATM with Teller Assist during the extended hours of 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, excluding holidays. And, the 24-hour vestibule provides 24/7 access to ATMs.
Five additional express banking centers will open in Boston, Charlotte and the metro New York City area by the end of the year. Plans for 2014 will be based on customer feedback to the initial locations.
“Consumers empowered by online and mobile technology have been a driving force behind dramatic changes in banking, but they still value the personal attention when they walk into our banking centers,” said Rob Aulebach, Retail Distribution Planning and Execution executive. “Bank of America is paying close attention to the direction customers provide us, and we are committed to simplifying their banking experience with easy-to-use tools, technologies, products and services that can guide and inform their financial decisions.”