Citi and American Airlines have announced that beginning in March 2014, the Citi Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard will be the only U.S. credit card offering full membership benefits at the American Airlines Admirals Club airport lounges.
“The American Airlines Admirals Club lounges are an oasis in the airport to many travelers, and we are pleased to exclusively offer membership to the Admirals Club lounges for our Citi Executive / AAdvantage cardmembers,” said Ralph Andretta, Head of Product Management Citi Cards. “We have always been proud to partner with American, and are pleased to continue deepening our relationship during this exciting phase of growth for the airline.”
Citi Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard cardmembers and their immediate family or up to two traveling guests enjoy access to nearly 40 Admirals Club locations worldwide. Each club features core benefits such as complimentary beverages, light snacks, Wi-Fi access and business and print services. In addition, the Citi Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard cardmembers are provided with full membership privileges and access to select partner airport lounges. More information on the Admirals Club lounges can be found at aa.com/admiralsclub.
“Our partnership with Citi began more than 25 years ago and today’s news marks a new step in expanding our relationship to offer exclusive benefits for our customers,” said Suzanne Rubin, President – AAdvantage Loyalty Program for American Airlines. “We hope our customers will enjoy the many valuable benefits offered by the Citi Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard, including the now exclusive membership to our Admirals Club lounges.”
In addition to Admirals Club membership privileges, the Citi Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard offers the following benefits:
- Waived baggage fee for first domestic checked bag for cardmember and up to eight traveling companions on the same itinerary.
- Enhanced airport experience including priority check-in, airport screening and boarding privileges, regardless of the class of service of the cardmember’s ticket.
- Earn two American Airlines AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases made with your Citi Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard.
- 10,000 AAdvantage Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after the first $40,000 in eligible net purchases made on the card within a calendar year.
- Expert Concierge Service available 24 hours a day to assist with dinner and travel reservations, gift purchases and more.
- No mileage cap on American Airlines AAdvantage miles earned through purchases made with the card.
- When using the card around the world, enjoy global acceptance with chip technology and no foreign transaction fees on purchases.