- Equity Bank has been feted as the Best Bank in Kenya in the 2023 Think Business Banking Awards for the 12th consecutive year.
- Equity was also named the best bank in the inaugural ESG Factors Category as well as the Most Customer-Centric Bank.
- The Bank won 19 awards: Winner in 14 categories, 1st Runners Up in 4 categories and 2nd Runners Up in 1 category.
Equity Bank has once again been feted as the best bank in the country for the 12th consecutive year, at the prestigious 18th edition of the Think Business Banking Awards. This esteemed recognition reflects the bank’s unwavering commitment to creating a sustainable financial model and solidifying its position as an industry leader.
This year, Equity Bank secured the top spot in multiple categories, showcasing its exceptional performance across various sectors. The Bank emerged victorious in the newly introduced ESG Factors category, Mobile Banking, Customer Centricity, Digital Banking, Retail Banking, Trade Finance, Agriculture and Livestock Financing, SME Banking, Agency Banking, Product Marketing, and Internet Banking. The Bank also received a Special Judges Award for Product Innovation, for its contribution in championing clean energy access at institutional and household level through the Equity Group Foundation, Energy, Environment and Climate Change pillar.
Commenting on the awards, Gerald Warui, the Managing Director of Equity Bank Kenya, said,“ We invite our members to join us in celebrating the sweat of their unwavering support and the heritage of self-determination to seek dignity, transformation of lives and expansion of opportunities to create wealth. We trust the win will inspire our people to appreciate possibilities of dreams coming true and relentlessly pursue their ambitions while counting on our partnership and support.”
Equity also took the first runners up and second runners up positions in 5 awards categories including Best Bank in Sustainable Corporate Social Responsibility, Best Bank in Corporate Banking, Best Bank in Asset Financing, Best Bank in Product Innovation and Best Bank in Mortgage Financing.
The annual Think Business Banking Awards is renowned for acknowledging top banks across the country based on a comprehensive analysis of institutional value, quantitative and qualitative metrics, customer value, and sustainable excellence.
Speaking during the awards ceremony, Michael Mutiga the Chief Judge said, “The submissions reflect the continuous excitement Banks have for their business and achievements. It also demonstrates the industry’s commitment to innovate and transform the way financial institutions and banks meet their customer needs. Indeed, it was very impressive to see the number of entries submitted, highlighting what the industry is doing on matters relating to Environmental and Social Governance, as well as addressing needs like mortgages, mobile banking and seeking to expand their borders within the region.”
2023 Think Business Awards Overview
|1. Best Overall Bank – 12 years running
2. Best Bank in Tier 1- 9 years running
3. Most Customer-Centric Bank
4. Best Bank in Sustainable CSR – 1st Runners Up
5. Best Bank in ESG Factors
|6. Best Bank in Retail Banking
7. Best Bank in Mobile Banking
8. Best Bank in SME Banking
9. Best Bank in Agency Banking
10. Best Commercial Bank in Microfinance
11. Best Bank in Corporate Banking – 1st Runners Up
|12. Best Bank in Trade Finance
13. Best Bank in Agriculture and Livestock Financing
14. Special Judges Award for Product Innovation (Clean Energy Access at Institutional and Household Level)
15. Best Bank in Mortgage Finance – 2nd Runners Up
16. Best Bank in Internet Banking
17. Best Bank in Asset Finance – 1st Runners Up
18. Best Bank in Product Marketing
19. Best Bank in Product Innovation – 1st Runners Up