Openbay, the online marketplace for auto repair, announces Apple Pay’s availability on its mobile app. Consumers now enjoy the easy and secure option of paying for automotive repair and maintenance services with just a tap using Apple’s payment service. Additionally, by using Apple Pay, Openbay’s automotive service providers – car dealerships, independent shops, and mobile mechanics – lower their risk of responsibility for fraudulent charges. Those businesses may now accept Apple Pay without having to upgrade their point-of-sale terminals.
“Openbay remains the only nationwide mobile and web app for consumers to search for, compare mechanics, book an appointment and pay for auto repair,” said Rob Infantino, founder and CEO. “With Apple Pay, we continue to innovate and maintain a first-mover advantage for vehicle repair. The perceived nuisance of getting one’s car or truck serviced is becoming virtually frictionless.”
The $190-billion automotive aftermarket industry has largely existed offline. Now Openbay users – with gas, hybrid and electric cars and trucks – may compare competitive offers from local mechanics, and complete the transaction via mobile without even reaching for a credit card or cash. Even those consumers with a favorite mechanic enjoy Openbay’s messaging with shops, ability to schedule service, maintain vehicle records electronically, and earn Openbay Rewards on completed services.
Openbay, with Apple Pay, benefits both sides of its online marketplace.
- Enjoy the convenience and security of comparing offers and booking local automotive services without ever having to take out a wallet.
- Prevent overcharges and reduce costs – save up to 50% by comparing multiple mechanics’ offers.
- Earn Openbay Rewards with every completed automotive service.
Automotive Service-Provider (franchise dealerships, independent shops and mobile mechanics) Benefits:
- Don’t need to invest in EMV and NFC point-of-sale terminals.
- Enjoy the security of lowered risk of responsibility for covering fraudulent charges.
Additional Improvements to Openbay’s Mobile App:
- Schedule car-repair and maintenance appointments – the only app that offers this feature. Exports detailed appointments to the iPhone calendar.
- “Kick the tires” – get a feel for the app’s functionality before registering, thanks to a new Guest onramp.
- Re-activate mechanics’ expired offers for service.
Apple Pay is available to those with recently released iOS devices – iPhone6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch.