Emergent Payments, the provider of secure digital payment solutions in more than 180 countries, announced the launch of a new secure payments offering – Jumpstart Brazil. Jumpstart Brazil provides 23 local payment solutions to help merchants and businesses broaden their reach to secure their position in the fast growing Brazilian e-commerce market. This new offering was specifically designed to increase access to revenue opportunities. Previously, a complex payments landscape and intricate Brazilian compliance laws and tax regulations limited merchants’ ability to establish an efficient payments system.
With more than 102 million online users in Brazil, local payment methods are critical. Today, 60% of digital transactions are done with credit cards. The rest are done with one of more than 20 local methods such as Boleto, making the Brazilian market far more complex than the United States. In addition, the local conditions make it necessary to have optimal tax structures and advanced fraud and chargeback tools.
“The Brazilian eCommerce market is estimated at $20 billion in 2015 with growth of 24% annually fueled by increased online usage and increased transaction sizes,” said Russell Shiffer, General Manager of Product for Emergent Payments. “Our merchants are looking for a payments solution that gets them total local coverage, manages fraud and chargebacks, and handles withholding tax issues. That’s what Jumpstart Brazil delivers – a simple payments solution tailored for the Brazilian market to optimize conversion rates and reduce costs.”
By eliminating the need for businesses to take on the high cost of establishing a local entity in Brazil, Jumpstart Brazil delivers:
• Minimal Tax: Emergent’s local entities allow merchants to bypass the 15% withholding tax
• Multiple Easy Integration Methods: Minimal API calls, a hosted paywall and deep integration
• Maximum Conversion: Increased authorization and conversion rates with local payment options, including Boleto Bancario and various local cards
• Supports Various Business Models: Including subscriptions, microtransactions, paymium, and freemium
• Gain Access to Payments Tools: Online payment processing and authorization, as well as recurring billing and batch processing