Improved Consumer Experience, Increased Customer Sales According to new research from comScore, Visa Checkout is more effective than other checkout options at driving conversion, which means that shoppers who start a checkout process are more likely to complete it, when using Visa Checkout. Checkout abandonment rates have been an ongoing challenge for merchants trying to increase sales in digital channels, particularly on smaller screens of mobile phones. The comScore survey, which was completed in December 2015, found that enrolled Visa Checkout customers:
- Completed 86 percent of transactions from the online shopping cart
- Have a 51 percent higher conversion rate when compared to customers using a merchant’s traditional online checkout
- Visa Checkout customers are increasingly making purchases with mobile devices.
- Nearly half (45 percent) of Visa Checkout shoppers used a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device in making an online purchase during the 2015 holiday period. Just six months ago, it was closer to one-third.
- Between July and November, the share of Visa Checkout customers using a mobile device grew by 10 percent.
- Visa Checkout merchants are reaching new customers and growing their sales.
- More than 46 percent of customers who took advantage of a Visa Checkout promotion were new to that retailer, according to a survey completed by six Visa Checkout merchants.
- comScore data also showed a 7 percent higher transaction size for Visa Checkout orders, compared to non-Visa Checkout orders at many of the leading retail and travel sites.