ROAM, an Ingenico company and mobile commerce platform provider, has expanded its mPOS solutions to include chip & PIN acceptance with the RP750x mobile card reader. This new cloud-based solution is fully compatible with ROAM’s mobile commerce platform, making ROAM the leading mPOS solution provider supporting new mPOS players with all mobile card acceptance types: magnetic stripe, NFC, chip & sign and chip & PIN.
Combining state-of-the-art mobile payments technology from mPOS innovator ROAM with the global EMV expertise of Ingenico, the RP750x is the most flexible and secure chip & PIN device on the market. Unique features include:
- Compliant with the latest industry standards (PCI PTS 3.1 with SRED, EMV Level 1 & 2, Visa Ready);
- Connects with smartphones, tablets and features phones via Bluetooth and/or audio jack;
- Backlit display, EMV PIN pad, magnetic stripe reader, smart card reader, and NFC reader;
- Compact form factor just slightly bigger than a credit card;
- Configurable through the cloud, enabling direct shipment from factory to any country; and
- Option to customize the branding and/or the form factor
- With its unique white label platform, ROAM allows mPOS players to quickly get to market with their own custom-branded solution providing merchants with a powerful set of features, including device and fraud management, remote application configuration, as well as an mPOS application that can be localized for any language/currency in any country.
“With the launch of our RP750x chip & PIN solution, we’re now covering all of the bases of global mobile payment acceptance for new mPOS players,” said Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM. “Launching the ROAMmcm 5 payments engine in January laid the groundwork for supporting international mPOS deployments, and the RP750x is the latest piece of the puzzle enabling EMV mobile card acceptance across the globe.”